Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected life of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your item is faulty, then you can get a refund;
- up to six months: if your faulty item can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations you have until 14 working days after you receive your item(s) to tell a retailer that you have changed your mind and would like to send it back.
Returns – non-faulty item
If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, to receive a full refund you must, before returning items:
- inform us* of your intention to return the item(s) within 14 days of receiving your item(s).
- Once we receive acknowledgement of your intentions to return the items, you must return your item(s) back to the shop** within 14 days of our acknowledgement.
- You will pay the costs of returning to item(s) to us.
- To qualify for a full refund all item(s) must be undamaged, only been tried on in doors and be returned in their original packaging including any attached tags and promotional items. Any loyalty benefits from the purchase will be lost. Please provide proof of purchase.
Returns Policy – faulty items
Your Legal Rights
We are under a legal duty to supply products that comply with the contract for the sale of products between you and us. We want you to be completely happy with your purchase so if your goods are faulty we will refund you or replace them for up to 6 months from purchase in most cases.
If you think an item you received is faulty, you must, before returning item(s):
- inform us* of your intention to return the faulty item(s).
- Once we receive acknowledgement of your intentions to return the faulty item(s), you must return your item(s) back to the shop**.
- You will pay the costs of returning to item(s) to us. If the item(s) are deemed to be faulty on inspection by us and/or the supplier, we will refund the cost of the item and the postage or exchange the item and post a replacement free of charge (second class signed for delivery).
*Please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by letter (Little Goody New Shoes, 64 Bridge Street, Ramsbottom, Bury, BL0 9AG) with full contact details.
** Little Goody New Shoes, 64 Bridge Street, Ramsbottom, Bury, BL0 9AG
In either case, until you have decided whether to send the item(s) back to us, remember that the Consumer Contracts Regulations put a duty on you to take good care of them. Please treat the item(s) with the same care as you would in our store.
We will issue you with a refund within 14 days or earlier from when you contact us with proof of the receipt of posting the item(s) or the date that we receive the item(s), including the original cost of delivering the item(s) to you. Whilst we are more than happy to refund you the initial shipping cost that you paid when you made your online purchase we are unable to refund you the cost of shipping you pay to return your purchase to us.
We issue refunds via the payment method you used to place the order. If you would like to exchange your item(s) rather than be issued with a refund you can contact us via email email@example.com. Please follow the section above – Returns Policy – non-faulty item. When you contact us, please inform us that you will to exchange the item(s) instead of receiving a refund.
If the size/colour you have requested in exchange is unavailable we’ll let you know and issue you with a refund or offer you a replacement item.
PROBLEM WITH YOUR ORDER
It is important that each Product’s use and care instructions are followed properly.
It is your responsibility to take reasonable care of the Product you have bought. We are not responsible to you to the extent that the problem with your Product is caused by your incorrect use or care.
But we also understand that sometimes things don’t go according to plan. If there is a problem with your Product, just get in touch as described below and we’ll try and help you.
If you have received an incorrect item(s) in your order, please contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return. Please include as many details as possible about the incorrect item.
Missing order or item
If an item(s) has is missing from your delivery that was included on your confirmation email, please contact us by email at email@example.com and we will try to rectify the mistake as quickly as possible.
Please note all returns must be in-line with our terms and conditions.
64 Bridge Street